Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Split Pea Soup

I ended up not following the one I linked too, I tried one via memory! It turned out thick, so I might use maybe another half cup to a cup more liquid. I also cooked it forever, as DH wasn't home til late because of school. I think the smoked ham hock is soooo good!

Split Pea Soup

1 smoked ham hock
1 lb split peas
2 carrots, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
sprinkling of dried onion (or chop up some onion and throw it in)
6 cups liquid (I used 4 cups chicken broth and 2 cups water--next time I think I will up it a half cup, see how it does, then maybe a cup)

Dump ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low 8 hours or longer. Take ham hock out, remove any meat left on the bone and place back in the crockpot. Shred any meat that is in large pieces and place back in the crockpot.


No comments: