Monday, November 3, 2008

Peach Cobbler

I halved the recipes, made it in an 8x8. Shorter cook time too. It was good, but I have an old time recipe I love that I need to dig out! As always, changes in parentheses/bolded.

Peach Cobbler

Batter
1/2 cup melted butter (I used 1/4 c)
1 cup flour (I used 1/2 c)
1 cup sugar (I used a little over 1/3 c...cut in more than in half)
2 teaspoons baking powder (I used 1 tsp)
1/4 teaspoon salt (I used 1/8 tsp)
2/3 cup room temperature milk (I used 1/3 c)
1 room temperature egg (I used 1 egg)


Filling
1 (28 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained (I used a 15 oz can packed in juice, drained)
1 cup sugar (I used a little over 1/3 c again)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I used 3/4 tsp)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (omitted)

Directions:
1. Melt butter in a 9 x 13 inch pan. (I used 8x8)
2. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
3. Stir in milk & egg.
4. Pour evenly over melted butter.
5. Combine peaches, sugar & spices and spread over batter-DO NOT STIR!
6. Bake 35-45 minutes at 350°F until batter comes to the top and is golden brown.

Serve warm with ice cream.

No comments: