Monday, November 3, 2008

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

My changes are in parentheses or bolded.

I get about 28.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter (a MUST for chewy/crispy cookies)
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter (sometimes I mix chunky and creamy)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed (I use light too, whatever I have on hand)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips or bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunks (I use semi-sweet chips, just stir in chocolate chips until it looks good)


Directions:
1. Cream the butter and peanut butter together until fully incorporated.
2. Add the sugars and cream on medium speed.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until completely incorporated.
4. Add the flour and baking soda, mix until no white remains, then add the chocolate and mix on low just until everything comes together.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. (I actually make 1" balls.)
6. Bake at 350° for 9 minutes or until golden brown. (They might look a little light, don't bake more than 10 minutes.)

No comments: