Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Monday!

Well, the doc appt went as well as could be expected. It turns out I have PCOS. I kind of knew I did, I had all the symptoms and even had a cyst removed from my ovary when I was 16. Back then, there wasn’t a heck of a lot of info out there about PCOS. I came home and cried for a bit. It was kind of nice to know that some issues I’ve had are due to something and I’m not a freak of nature!

I have to read more about it…I need to make the time! My biggest concern, besides the weight battle is my ability to conceive. They say it can be an issue, but I guess we won’t know until we try. And that’s not happening for a few more years! She is going to refer me to a gyno, so that way I can develop a relationship now, rather than later.

Boob issue…good news is she thinks it is a cyst! She referred me to a radiologist, so I can get a mammo done. So I have to keep my fingers crossed for that.

Have to go back for blood work, so she said we will go from there!

Didn’t get guppy this weekend, he is sick, poor thing! Spent the weekend getting rid of wedding stuff, which I sniffled over. My house is less cluttered though!

I’m reading the Complete Tightwad Gazette. It’s about 10 years old (I think) so it’s a bit out-dated (I wish they would do an updated one!) but it has some helpful things in it. I think once we buy a house with a yard, I might buy it, as it has some house stuff in it that I think is helpful.

Ok, I’m all about saving money, but one reader wrote in to the Gazette and said she saves money by…get this…she lives in an apartment building, so when she does laundry, she just re-uses other people’s dryer sheets. She says she finds them lying around all the time. Ew. I’m not acting all hoity-toity, that just grosses me out a bit. I’ve heard of putting some fabric softener on a washcloth and throwing it in there (I’m actually going to try that once I’m out of sheets), but using someone else’s USED dryer sheet? One thing comes to mind…I know, TMI, but pubic hair! I can’t imagine what the heck could be on those things. Probably the dryer heat would kill the germs, blah, blah, but I have to draw the line!

No comments: