Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Some of the recipes for this week:

I made these this morning, I figure DH might grab some for snacks. I THOUGHT I had pecans, instead, I had walnuts. So I used them. I ground them in my food processor for a minute, so they were not big chunks (DH doesn’t like chunks of nuts). I really liked these! They have a crispy edge on the tops, made the mini muffins. I only got 21. I don’t know why! Maybe because I ground the nuts? Either way, I just filled up the other 3 with water. I think these would be good with a combo of nuts…like walnuts, pecans, almonds…mmmm.

Recipe from Recipezaar (with my modifications):

Mini Pecan Pie Muffins

24 mini muffins (I got 21)

1 cup chopped pecans (I used walnuts)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar (I used a tad less)
2/3 cup butter, melted (I used 2 TB butter with the rest margarine)
2 eggs
I also added: 1 TB of light corn syrup and 1 tsp vanilla (give or take, I just dump it in)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Spray a miniature muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven for approx 18 minutes.

Original Recipe Here.


In the Crockpot right now I have BBQ Pork going. Way easy to make.

BBQ Pork:

3 lb pork butt, boneless
1 can diet or regular cola (or use a glass full)
1 can of beef broth
1 onion, quartered
garlic powder

1. Dump the cola in, then place the pork on top. Pour the beef broth on the butt, then sprinkle with garlic powder. Place some onion on top of the roast and on the sides. Let cook on Low all day (I put it in at 7:00 am and we eat around 6:00 pm.) I would think at least 8 hours would be ok.

2. About ½ hour before dinner: Take roast out, shred. Drain all the liquid out of the crockpot. You can leave the onions in with the meat if you like! Get a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I’ll share one of my faves in a minute) and dump it in with the shredded pork back into the crockpot. Cook til heated through, about ½ hour.

Sooo good served on potato rolls, with baked beans and coleslaw...mmmm!

No comments: