Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Getting it together

I have tried before and failed at getting organized. Some of my favorite sites include http://www.flylady.net/ and the Sidetracked Home Executives http://www.shesorganized.com/ - they have some books and a neat card file system. While I do not subscribe to all of their teachings, I have gleaned many interesting tidbits of info. I have incorporated some of their ideas to fit my life.

Flylady does a whole routine/binder thing, daily, weekly, monthly, etc. While I would love to be THAT organized, I know I’m not. No way, no how! I mean, really, am I going to do monthly things every week? Nope. At least I’m honest. I’m better at weekend cleaning…just busting out a whole room top to bottom once a month on a Saturday.

SHEs do a card file system…which is really neat…just not something I can use right now. I might revisit this as I have kiddos…several of the Moms just hand the cards to the kids to do…I love that idea!

So far, I've come up with a Daily List. Next, the harder thing, is the Weekly List. Problem is, our weeks vary. So I think my best bet is just to come up with a base list. Things that should get done during the week.

No comments: