Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Obie!

My puppy, Obi Wan Kenobi (DH named him, I call him Obie), is 6 today. For breakfast he had an egg (he loves eggs, bypasses bacon for the egg) and for dinner, steak!

Below is the pic from the rescue website we got him from...ok, I'm getting cheesy here, but the song "The first time I ever saw your face..." is coming to mind. We adopted him 2 years ago from a rescue agency, after seeing him online. He came to us severely underweight, about 3 lbs (for a little dog, that's a lot), with a hernia and a big sore on his tail (covered half of it on one side). He was found wandering the streets of Miami. He's a tough guy. The first time I saw him I melted, he was such a grump (still is) and he just needed someone to love him.

He's a total Momma's boy. He loves his Daddy, but is all about Mom. In fact we sing (think of the tune from the 80s song Obsession), "Obsession, Mommy's my obsession" a lot.

He's awesome...we love him so much and can't imagine life without him.


Photo from the rescue site.


DH and Obe.

Momma, why are you wearing that dress?




No comments: