Wednesday, October 22, 2008

David’s Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies

Boy, I'm tired! DH gets up at 5:40 every morning...I don't like that. I'm more of a 7:00 type of gal. But I did make cookies, so not all was lost!

DH can eat a dozen cookies at a time easy, so I'm always looking for recipes to try. He's so cute...he sits there with a cup of milk and dunks his cookies. It's like watching an overgrown kid. He also can eat mass quantities of food and not gain an ounce. I other the other hand, cannot eat whatever...I'm HAVE to watch what I eat...found this recipe online, it is good!

David’s Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons whole milk (I used 1%, that's all I have)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (about ¾ of a 12-ounce bag) chocolate chips (next time I might use a tad less)
2 cookie sheets lined with parchment or foil. (I used parchment)

Set racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.

(Please note, these are the original instructions. I just mixed the dry together, then added the wet, then the choc. chips. No mixer, just a fork! Wasn't hard to mix.)
Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside. Beat the butter and sugars together by machine with the paddle attachment on medium speed until well mixed (about one minute). Beat in the egg and milk until they are absorbed and then the vanilla. Don’t worry if the mixture looks curdled, the flour mixture will smooth it out. Scrape down the bowl and beater and beat in the flour mixture on low speed. Use a large rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.

Chill the dough in the bowl for fifteen minutes to keep the cookies from spreading too much while they are baking. Form the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls or use a small ice cream scoop to form the cookies. Arrange the balls of dough 2 inches apart all around the prepared pans.

Bake the cookies for eight to twelve minutes, or until they look dull on the surface, have spread, and are still quite moist. (I cooked mine about 12 min, til lightly brown on top.)

Cool the cookies on the pans on racks for five minutes. Slide the papers to racks and cool the cookies completely. For storing: keep the cookies between sheets of wax paper in a tin or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.

Per cookie: 114 calories, 5 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 17 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 11 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium

No comments: